To be honest, I didn't really have a problem with the types of reasoning, I thought they were all pretty easy to understand, especially with the links we were given. However, I understand that sometimes things can still be a little confusing and the concepts may not always be clear. Sometimes we just need a little bit more of an explanation or a really good example for it to click in our brains and so for this blog I chose to talk about Causal Reasoning. This is just a fancy name for something we all know better as cause and effect. We all know that in most cases, in order for one event to occur, another event has to cause it. We normally call the first event the cause and the second event the effect, because the second event is the consequence of the first.
Here's an example: A cause: It began to rain. An effect: Janice put on a coat and her rain boots.
So when we bring it back to the subject of Critical Thinking, and we apply it to Causal Reasoning, we simply use cause and effect in our argument. So an example of Causal Reasoning would be: " If you studied for your test last night, you wouldn't have failed."
I agree with you that I didn’t really think any of the types of reasoning were hard to understand. I also chose causal reasoning and just explained it in a little more depth to those who may not have understood it. I found that we use causal reasoning so much on a daily basis and even in normal conversation. I also found the links that the teacher posted to her blog very helpful and easier to understand on some parts over the book. We use cause and effect to explain many different things, if many people realized this they may not find it so hard to understand.
ReplyDelete