Thursday, September 2, 2010
Vague Statement
One of my friends, Sarah, was throwing a surprise birthday party for one of our friends, Jordan. I had texted Sarah and asked her what the address of the house was, and instead of giving me the address she gave me a bunch of vague directions. First she told me " It's by Taco Bell." There is obviously more than one Taco Bell in the world, so that didn't help me much. Next she said, "It's the one at the top of the hill, it's the green house." I was starting to get frustrated, because of course there was more than one green house and it could be any one of those houses. It was taking me forever to get to the party, because my friend kept giving me a bunch of vague statements, rather than just giving me directions that were straightforward and that would get me to the right house in no time. Just when I thought she couldn't be any more vague, she thought she was doing me a favor by saying, "Just go to the house with the white Toyota in front." I thought to myself, "What kind of Toyota? A Camry? A Tacoma? Am I supposed to guess? Finally I did what I should have done from the very beginning, I called my other friend, and asked if she could give me the directions and address to the house and she did. I got to the party finally, and surprisingly I was on time. It's amazing how much easier life can be with clear statements and directions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment